A number of books on BPD have been published, some by experts in the field and some by people with the disorder. When you set out to learn more about the disorder, you may be overwhelmed by the choices. Here are a few helpful books to start with.
- "Borderline Personality Disorder Demystified: An Essential Guide for Understanding and Living with BPD" by Robert O. Friedel. Marlowe and Company, 2001.
- "Skills Training Manual for Treating Borderline Personality Disorder" by Marsha M. Linehan. Guilford Press, 1993.
- "The Borderline Personality Disorder Survival Guide" by Alex Chapman and Kim Gratz. New Harbinger Publications, 2007.
- "Borderline Personality Disorder for Dummies" by Charles H. Elliott, PhD, and Laura L. Smith, PhD, For Dummies, 2009.
- "Borderline Personality Disorder in Adolescents: A Complete Guide to Understanding and Coping When Your Adolescent Has BPD" by Blaise Aguirre, MD, Fair Winds Press, 2007.
- "Lost in the Mirror: An Inside Look at Borderline Personality Disorder" by Richard Moskovitz. Taylor Trade Publishing, 2nd edition, 2001.
- "Get Me Out of Here: My Recovery from Borderline Personality Disorder" by Rachel Reiland. Hazelden, 2004.