Borderline Personality Disorder Treatments
- Finding Help for BPD
- Psychotherapies for BPD
- Medication for BPD
- Other Treatment Options
- Obstacles to BPD Treatment
Finding Help for BPD
Getting treatment for BPD begins with putting in effort to find the right therapist. BPD experts are limited, so this may take some trial and error.
- An Overview of BPD Treatments
- Types of BPD Providers
- Find a BPD Therapist
- How To Find a Dialectical Behavior Therapist
Psychotherapies for BPD
There are a number of psychotherapies (or "talk therapies") that have been proven effective for reducing BPD symptoms. These therapies are among the most effective for BPD, and can be used along with medications or intensive treatments.
- A Primer on Psychotherapy for BPD
- What are Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Medication for BPD
Psychotherapy isn't the only treatment choice; there are medications and intensive therapies available to reduce BPD symptoms, too.
- Overview of Medications for BPD
- Anti-Anxiety Medications
- Anti-convulsants and Mood Stabilizers
Other Treatment Options
Explore some BPD treatment options beyond individual psychotherapy and medication.
- Does Electroconvulsive Therapy Work?
- Is Self-Help Enough to Treat BPD?
- EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
Obstacles to BPD Treatment
While there are effective treatments for BPD, treatment does not always go smoothly. Here are some factors that can complicate BPD treatment.